# Paganini Excerpt: 3rd Movement N to S
- lots of playing on one string --- need to sort out good _musical_ fingerings. I'm still figuring out which shifts I want to slide and when to hide shifts
- the harmonic passages
- when to slide and when to hide the shifts
- bowings --- there is a lot of legato in the passages, but that's not necessarily the most interesting musically. A lot of violinists change up the bowings and articulations.
- intonation --- getting used to the spacing, especially in the very high parts is tricky. The harmonics are very finicky there. You have to be very precise with both the left hand **and** the bow.
- vibrato --- I've had to narrow my vibrato a lot for this concerto. This is a passage where I need to really focus on that.
- the F# arpeggios
- yup they are hard --- I'm happy with my fingering, so it will get easier
- switching to the harmonics after is also tricky
I also tried experimenting with some of the ricochet passages on one string instead of remaining in one position with a string crossing. A friend of mine thought it came out clearer on one string, so I’m going to work on both.